Robin Benkert Rockin' Robin
Frank Ticheli
Born January 21, 1958

Frank Ticheli.jpg

The works of American composer Frank Ticheli have been reviewed as “optimistic and thoughtful”, “lean and muscular”, “brilliantly effective”, and “powerful, deeply felt crafted with impressive flair and an ear for striking instrumental colors.”

Frank Ticheli received his Bachelor of Music in Composition from Southern Methodist University. It was there he had 5he privilege of studding with Donald Erb and Jack Waldenmaier. After getting his Bachelor Degree, he proceeded his musical journey in composition by securing his Master's and Doctoral Degrees from the University of Michigan. It was there Frank Ticheli studded under William Albright, Leslie Bassett, George Wilson, and William Bolcom.

In 1991 Frank Ticheli became a faculty member of the University of Southern California’s Thornton School of Music. He was a Professor of composition there until 1998. There is a "Frank Ticheli Composition Scholarship" which is to be awarded to an incoming graduate student in composition even year. Frank Ticheli was also an Assistant Professor of Music at Trinity University in San Antonio Texas, where he was a member of the directors board for the Composers Forum.

Frank Ticheli has commandeered a prodigious amount of recognition throughout Europe and the United States from his orchestral works.

Some of the many compositions by Frank Ticheli:

• An American Dream, for voice & orchestra
• Angels in the Architecture, for voice & band
• Earth Song, for chorus
• Loch Lomond, for wind ensemble
• Vesuvius, for wind symphony
• Songs of Love and Life, for voice & wind ensemble

(This video is quite in certain parts so you may find yourself adjusting the volume a bit as you listen)

Sources:
Stay blessed,
Robin 🌹🎼🎶
Quote 2 0
Mireia MireiaTV
Dear Robin,
Thank you for this absolutely beautiful post about Frank Ticheli. I love it!

Brilliant as always Artist!

All the best for you and yours,

Mireia
Quote 2 0
Robin Benkert Rockin' Robin
Dear Mireia,

Thank you for your kind words! Ticheli is of of my favorites composers, so I am glad you found this post worth reading. 😊

Stay blessed,
Robin 🌹🎼🎶
Quote 0 0